SAVE MONEY WITH SMOOTH DRIVING
Interesting stats from a recent Direct Line study showed that ‘bad’ drivers could be spending up to £50 more at the pumps each month. Using telematics, Direct Line found that ferocity of acceleration, speed of cornering and how hard the driver brakes could all lead to a more aggressive, and therefore costly driving style.*
Read the LICENCECHECK checklist for tips to help save you money when you drive.
- It sounds obvious, but accelerating gently and driving smoothly will reduce the amount of fuel required. Anticipating the road ahead will help.
- Stopping and then moving again uses more fuel so where appropriate, slow down gradually and you may not need to stop.
- Don’t leave gear change until the last moment, use the most efficient gear for your speed.
- Turning off your rear window header and headlights will also help save fuel
- Save your air con for driving at a higher speed as it uses less fuel. Try driving with the windows open when you're driving at a slow speed.
WATCH YOUR SPEED
- It’s simple. Going faster uses more fuel. Keep to the limit.