Bus and Coach
As the holder of a PSV O Licence of either Standard or Restricted Category you are under a duty to ensure that your drivers are properly licensed according to the nature of the service being provided and the number of passenger seats in the vehicle. In those cases where driver CPC qualification is required, it is also important to have access to detailed source record data to determine whether the driver has “acquired rights” under their existing licence which set CPC block training deadlines that need to be noted and observed and excused qualifying drivers from the initial CPC qualification requirement.
The LICENCECHECK service accesses source DVLA driver record data. Subject to obtaining consent from the driver this will confirm:
- that the driver holds the appropriate D or D1 vocational entitlement for the vehicle and if an upgrade is required
- whether the driver is entitled to tow a larger trailer
- whether the driver passed their car test before January 1, 1997 – in which case they may be entitled to drive a category D1 vehicle ‘not for hire or reward’ or within the permit scheme
- their age based on the date of birth information
At the moment information on driver CPC and digital tacho card registration and expiration is not available within the DVLA driver record. The former can be obtained from the DVSA, but this is an expensive manual process. Registration number and expiration information for both of these is due to feature in the DVLA driver record at some time in the future, but a date remains to be confirmed.
In the meanwhile LICENCECHECK allows users to enter this information into driver records so that important vocational expiration dates are flagged up within the service and form part of the warning and reporting processes.
- CPC information and expiration dates can be included in the driver record*
- MiDAS information can be included as additional information
- Tacho card information and expiration dates can be inserted*
- Medical and eye test dates can be included within the driver record
Other complimentary services are also available within the davis suite of products to include driver risk profiling, assessment and training, fleet vehicle management and (coming soon) a mobile based vehicle checking and reporting application.
What to do next?
*this information can be captured from the plastic cards using the Licence CDR product.