Identity & Contact Details of Data Controller: Licence Check Limited, Century House, St James Court, Friar Gate, Derby DE1 1BT.
Data Protection Contact: Terence Hiles, Commercial Manager. Tel: 0330 660 7101 firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of processing: The personal data and associated information collected will be used as follows (subject always to your right to withdraw permission at a later date): -
· where you have requested further information about our company or any of its products and/or services, to allow us to respond to this request and inform you about other new products or services that may be of interest;
· where you have asked to be added to our circulation lists or to receive notifications, updates or market related publications, to allow us to meet this request by adding you to our subscriber lists and database;
· where you have requested us to contact you or correspond with you, in order to allow us to do so;
· To correct and/or update any existing information that we may hold about you so that our information remains accurate and up to date.
· Where you become a customer, to populate fields within your customer record.
The legal basis for processing is:
a) You, as the data subject have given your consent for us to process your personal data for one or more specific purposes; or
b) The processing is necessary in order to perform a contract to which you are party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
Data collected: This may include Personal Data within the meaning of the GDPR that identifies you as an individual. It may include: -
§ business/organisation/company name or identifier;
§ job title;
§ contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
§ any enquiry specific information such as organisation size, number of employees/drivers, type of driver, fleet size, industry type etc.;
§ the types and product or service in which You may be interested;
§ the geographic location of Your organisation or business;
§ any preferences expressed;
§ the IP address from which the visit or enquiry is made;
§ the web browser type and version;
§ the operating system used;
§ a list of URLs starting with a referring site, any activity on Our Site, and the site You exit to;
Recipients of the Personal Information: Licence Check as Data Controller and Processor of that data. Your Personal Data will not be shared with any non-related third parties unless you have expressly consented to this.
Transfers and Safeguards: Your personal information will be stored and processed on secure systems maintained and controlled by Licence Check Limited. We do use third party emailing and broadcasting facilities hosted outside the EEA including Emma and Mailchimp and they may store limited contact and preferences information only. Both companies are registered in the USA and have active EU/Swiss Privacy Shield approval indicating they satisfy the EU data protection requirements. Your data will not otherwise be transferred outside the EEA .
Duration of Permission:
· Where you have asked to be added to a subscriber list or receive regular updates from us, until the time you advise us that you no longer wish us to correspond with you either by telephone or in writing addressed to the Data Protection Contact above or unsubscribe by writing to email@example.com.
· Where you have requested information from us about our products and services, until such time as you inform us that you are no longer interested in those products or services and do not wish to receive any further correspondence from us or continue a dialogue with us. You can notify the Data Protection Contact above.
Your Rights: You have the right to request that we provide you with access to the personal information stored in the service and an explanation as to the reasons why this data is being collected and processed by way of justification. You have the right to correct any incorrect information. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information or to restrict this. You have the right to request your personal information is deleted from the service, but this is not an absolute right and the Controller may be justified in keeping the information. You have the right to request a download of your data in a portable format. Where you have given permission to the collection and use of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw this permission by notifying us of this fact.
Formal Complaint: You have the right to lodge a formal complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office where you consider this justified. England: 0303 123 1113, Wales:029 2067 8400, Scotland: 0303 123 1115, N.Ireland: 0303 123 1114.
Possible Consequences of Refusal/Withdrawal: We will cease to correspond with You. You will not receive further information about new products and services, newsletters with industry-specific content or notifications about improvements or upgrades to existing products and services.